This course is designed to provide candidates with a thorough knowledge of the practical aspects to being an AML investigator in Transaction Monitoring.
The aim of this course is to enable candidates to confidently answer questions at a job interview for a position in the field, including the all-important question of “Why should you be hired for a job in the AML field with no prior experience in the industry?”
It will cover topics such as the latest AML and compliance cases around the world, identifying red flags and suspicious activities in financial institutions and how to conduct a case investigation.
During this course, candidates will also have the opportunity to complete case write-ups to sharpen their AML case investigation skills, as well as a practice quiz to test their knowledge on the topics covered.
Designed for both financial and non-financial institutions that need to keep up with effective techniques to track financial crimes, from inside & outside. It is highly practical and interactive and involves media rich case studies and exercises based on real investigations and financial intelligence.
It offers an unrivalled complex simulated ‘live’ analysis of money laundering & fraud methodologies and intelligence leads. It has been designed to encourage critical thinking, assessment of intelligence, risk assessments, teamwork, and identification of intelligence gaps including diligent examination of banking documents.
• Recognise and identify key indicators of money laundering.
• Gain a better understanding of complex AML/financial crime techniques.
• Understand organised crime activity.
• Be able to develop intelligence leads and multiple lines of enquiry.
• Recognize and evaluate specific types of fraud
• Create a hostile environment for organised financial crime networks.
• Gain more confidence in decision-making capability and the reporting process
• Develop teamwork and enhance communication skills and manage an investigation.
• AML basics – the role of the investigation team
• Investigations structures
• Investigation practices
• STR’s and the escalation process
• Tax evasion
• Bribery & Corruption
• Other financial crimes
• Conducting historical transaction reviews in response to regulatory inquiries
• Supplementing Know Your Customer (KYC) due diligence
• Performing data and trend analysis
• Data mapping around transactions and account activities
• Recovering and extracting forensic data
• Conducting substantiation checks of investigation procedures and SAR procedures
• Implementing post-regulatory action requirements
• Streamlining the Investigation Process
o What patterns, if any, do you notice in the transaction activity?
o What is the ultimate source of the funds?
o What is the ultimate destination of the funds?
o Are there any unusual transactions?
o Does the activity rise to the level of suspicious?
o Putting this together in practice
WHO CAN ATTEND:
•AML analysts currently working in name screening,
•KYC & CDD functions who are looking for a role in Transaction Monitoring as an AML Investigator
•Banking professionals currently working in areas other than AML & Compliance, seeking a career shift to those departments
•Risk Management Functions
A highly interactive format, where all delegates will be encouraged to engage and participate, share and gain from each other’s knowledge and experience. The lectures will rely on a bullet-based slide presentation enriched by group discussions around case studies, videos and checklists wherever applicable.
Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of virtual technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners.
At the same time and in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling, the learning will be conducted in an allochronic manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, RMA will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions.
The pedagogics – adapted explicitly to professionals in full-time work – will help train participants through several experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); intermingle (socialize); mirror (relate to one’s own reality).
DURATION: 2 days [ 5 Hours each day]
VENUE: Virtual or Onsite
PARTICIPATION FEE: N70,000 only.
DATE[TBC]: Send enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 08021003297;07034248767;09071941111