There’s no way around it; taking risks is part of conducting business. But that doesn’t mean that the risks your organization takes can’t be forecasted and assessed before decisions are made
Everything these days is about risk; identifying it, assessing it, mitigating & managing it. Organizations are exposed to risk, recognise their exposure and want to be safe. But you can never entirely eliminate risk, so you have to manage it.
Risk Management is about balancing potential gains from perhaps ambitious strategies with the potential downsides if objectives are not met. This needs to be done professionally taking account of international standards and best practices.
This intensive and interactive two-day program provides a practical approach to identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring and reporting risks. Using case studies and practical examples, attendees will learn how to manage the risks facing their businesses.
- Definition of Risk and Risk Management
- Context of risk management
- The Risk Management Process
- The business environment – the world you are operating in
- Key management processes that manage and control risk in your organisation
- Operational Risk Management
- Market Risk Management
- Compliance Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management
- Managing Strategic and Reputational Risk
- Overview of ERM
WHO CAN ATTEND:
- Chief Audit Executives
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management Heads
- Risk Managers,
- Lead Auditors and
- Directors from private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Highly experienced risk managers in businesses with well-established risk management systems
- Professional advisors wishing to provide more expert support for their clients’ market
- Gain an understanding of risk and its dynamics
- Examine external risks and how they can impact your organisation
- Identify key risk in your organisation
- Learn tools and techniques to measure and monitor control effectiveness
- Identify key management processes required in your organisation
- How to communicate key risks to and with senior management teams and stakeholders
- Obtain feedback from industry leaders
- Create a tailored action plan for your organisation
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- A deep dive in to the important risks facing your organisation
- Gaining an understanding on the effectiveness of having a control environment
- Enhancing your communication skills
- Tackling risk dilemmas that organizations face by encouraging ‘adult conversations’
- An opportunity to benchmark your organisation against best standards and your peers
A highly interactive format, where all delegates will be encouraged to engage and participate, share and gain from each other’s knowledge and experience. The lectures will rely on a bullet-based slide presentation enriched by group discussions around case studies, videos and checklists wherever applicable.
Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of virtual technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners.
At the same time and in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling, the learning will be conducted in an allochronic manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, RMA will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions.
The pedagogics – adapted explicitly to professionals in full-time work – will help train participants through several experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); intermingle (socialize); mirror (relate to one’s own reality).
DURATION: 2 days [ 5 Hours each day]
VENUE: Virtual or Onsite
DATE[TBC]: Send enquiry to: email@example.com or call: 08021003297;07034248767;09071941111