You are here: Home / Shop / Uncategorized / ACI Operations Certificate
ACI Operations Certificate
OVERVIEW OF FINANCIAL MARKET AND FRONT TO END TREASURY VIEW
- Roles of dealers, brokers and operations officers.
- Reasons for the segregation of duties and separate reporting lines.
- Workflow of a transaction, encompassing all aspects of the settlement process from deal capture through to management and exception reports.
- Importance of Straight Through Processing (STP) related to timely processing, risk, cost and accuracy, as well as the possible ways to improve STP.
- Quality management measures necessary to ensure a high-quality customer-orientated service.
DEAL CAPTURE, TRADE ENTRY AND CONFIRMATIONS
- Usefulness of confirmations.
- Importance of checking and confirmation matching processes.
- Use of automation in the confirmations procedure.
- Different types of SWIFT messages and their usage.
- Different steps between deal entry and trade confirmation.
- Ways in which trade information can be generated.
- How segregation of duties should be applied in trade generation and capture.
- How to validate trade information received from the Front-Office.
SETTLEMENT, NETTING AND CLEARING
- Uses of correspondent banks, accounts.
- Cut off times for payment with good value or short dates.
- Different types of domestic and international payment systems.
- Different types of settlements such as delivery versus payment, netting and Continuous Linked Settlement (CLS).
- The CLS system and parties involved.
- Uses, functioning and advantages of bilateral and multilateral netting procedures.
RECONCILIATION AND INVESTIGATIONS
- Mechanism of a reconciliation system.
- How to detect mismatching figures (importance of timely identification).
- Interpret mismatching figures.
- How to Control incoming and outgoing flows.
- How to Calculate and agree brokerage, including the checking of discounts.
- How to Identify the different moves to resolve an outstanding item step by step.
- How to resolve and close outstanding items.
TREASURY SYSTEMS AND DATA MANAGEMENT
- Different ways of financial communication and transfer transactions.
- Different types of static data.
- Standard settlement instructions management (usage, maintenance and advantages).
- Standing data files and tables.
- Management of customer data within the different systems as well as the basic procedures to ensure the “know your customer”
The Risk Management Academy [RMA] is a global learning center for professionals and practitioners in the field of risk management and compliance...